Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Time Served.

I was sentenced to six years of hard labor. A couple of weeks ago I was informed that I would be freed. My last day was last Friday...and now I'm a bum. It's surprising that even with all of the current work they have, I still had no job security. I was layed off because some of the other employees don't have work. They will be trained to fill my position, even though they have no desire to do that type of work. At least they will still have their jobs... I guess...

The good part of this is that it pushes me into CHANGE. I admit, I've been lazy. I've talked about going back to school, getting another job, and getting more certifications...but I've done nothing. It's easy to get into the grind of daily life and just maintain the current position you fill. So, in the spirit of making benficial changes in my life, this is a VERY GOOD thing.

I've had a couple of interviews so far. There are some good opportunities out there and I hope to join the workforce again soon. Until then... Got some change?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need you back in the force Pauly. You gotta help us pay for this 700 billion dollar debacle these rich bastards have laid upon us all....
Scottie D

Jared Stangl said...

Sorry to hear about the Paul. Sometimes these things happen and it gives you the opportunity you've been looking for. I hope you the best.